Mashing Potatos



I usually cook in a hurry. Not that I have a deadline to or something. I just do everything in a hurry.
Thats the way I am.
In my daily menu, mashed potato is a common item and I cook mashed potato in various ways. Like creamy mashed potato, Desi style mashed potato, stuffed mashed potato fry (Aloor Chop), Tuna and mashed potato mix in my very own way. Well, I can go on a complete series of mashed potato recipes. But for today I am gonna discuss how to mash boiled potatos without a potato masher.

You can boil your potatoes in two different ways; 1. peel and cut them into small pieces and boil them for about 20 minutes and you are good to go. Or 2. boil whole potatoes for near about 30 to 35 minutes and let them cool and once they are good to tough the skin comes out really smooth.


I do both the ways depending on my mood! After your potatoes are well boiled and peeled, you can start mashing them. But you don't wanna mess your hand so use the back of a tall glass like this one.



Oh! and don't forget to drain the salted water before you do any mashing ;)
Press with the bottom of the glass where you think is needed till you know you are done =D

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts