The Third Bedroom Makeover

Things have been pretty hard for me last few weeks. I have been trying to establish myself in the RealEstate business. I have this intense passion for RealEstate which even I can't explain.

So I was busy doing Open Houses, Generate Leads, Build my professional Website etc.

I still am occupied with those, the website is still undergoing lots of modifications but is open to public.

In midst of everything, my little one demanded she wants the third bedroom as her 'own room' and she no longer wishs to stay with her elder sister.

I said - Well, thats good! Go ahead!
She said - No!
I said - Why?
She said - That room is blue. I want ... ... ... WHITE!
I said - Are you sure you don't want like Pink or Purple?
She said - No. I want White!

My reaction was ........  ~_^

Well, as I said I was busy but she kept reminding me every week, every day, every hour till I finished her room 'top to bottom'.

First I showed her some white paint samples and she choose 'Stowe White' for the walls. Though the color was from CIL we had it tinted on Premier paint because of the quality.
I decided to go with eggshell base for it was a white room of a 6 year old.

I placed the curtain rod little further than the window frame to create an illusion of larger windows. Then I got some very light grey-ish 'Dhupian' curtains for her windows to match with the existing closet wallpaper [which I do not intend to change now or anytime soon].

Then I hunted on kijiji for a bedroom set suitable for my little kitten [which had to be 'white' too as my princess requested] and fortunately found one soon enough for only $100 and it's all wood and didn't need a refinish! **Happy Dance**

We shopped in ikea for all the bedding materials [I wanted 100% cotton for my teeny-tiny budget]. The bed sheets were all plain beige and the duvet cover was one of their basic 100% cotton ones!

So here is the Before and After:


I tried putting a pink tutu on top of that canopy but my little kitten strongly protested!

Could not resist putting a pic up of this gorgeous wardrobe <3 


Hope you like the makeover and pick up some ideas for your next room makeover :)
Enjoy!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts